Brainstorming Notes / Mixtape Mind

Brainstorming Notes / Mixtape Mind

Note:
I make images while listening to music. Jeff Buckley, Cocteau Twins, Mazzy Star and The Sundays are my favourite artists. Maybe it is the chillout feel or ‘vibe’ of their sound. Their music feels spiritual in a way. I am interested in the way sound is used in different world religions – chants, hymns, rhythms, mantras. Also Binaural Beats with nature sounds to get the brain more in an ‘alpha state’. I want to mix meditation practice and digital art somehow. Meditation and digital graphic design are two words you don’t usually hear together, but why not? I am not interested in drugs. For me Photoshop, music, coffee and meditation are more powerful mind tools.
It isn’t the outcome but the journey; maybe I should light some candles and incense. Hmmm...

Meditation with the OM Mantra Sound by Tibetan Monks
www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4fugWv6-vI