Reference Photography Notes / Mr. Mister – Broken Wings and Humane Destruction

Reference Photography Notes / Mr. Mister – Broken Wings and Humane Destruction

A magpie has ended up in my parent’s garden with a broken wing. It can’t fly and it is just walking around the garden. The RSPB site says that there is no rescue service - that it will just be put down. They don’t recommend keeping it as a pet. We have been chucking food at it and water, it hides in the bushes and eats when no one is around. I scared away a damn cat. I hope it can recover. The other magpies were pecking it; eventually they left it on its own. Nature can be quite cruel. I’m a fan of Bill Oddie’s bird watching programs; I’m a bit sad about this bird.

Cheers, Surian

Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKhN1t_7PEY

RSPB Humane destruction
www.rspb.org.uk/makeahomeforwildlife/advice/helpingbirds/...